I'm the author of End of Infinity.
I mainly just reblog the tumblr alerts for EOI and answer questions.
This header is fucking huge, so please read the about page.
Please use #mixiekins if you want me to see something. Hopefully tumblr will alert me of the post. When in doubt, send an ask.
Seaholm Power Plant, Austin Texas.
Art Deco with Art Moderne influences, constructed entirely of site-cast concrete.
Construction began in 1951 and was completed in 1955, and is currently undergoing renovations to be re-purposed as a shopping center by adding a new tower of apartments as well as a library and parking structure that will help integrate it into Austin’s current foot traffic patterns.
It has been designated as a historical landmark and will be preserved, and thankfully so; when I was leaving Austin it looked as if the power plant was being torn down to make way for the (rather hideous) apartment tower.
- boscopud reblogged this from fascinatedbydinosaurs and added:
- daggerinthedolphin likes this
- fascinatedbydinosaurs reblogged this from cargobay13
- fascinatedbydinosaurs likes this
- cargobay13 reblogged this from mixiekins
- razvansc likes this
- kurttakkun likes this
- btsan likes this
- itsjustcavan likes this
- dinnerpartydan likes this
- dinnerpartydan said: Ooh, that entrance… *v*
- gameaddict30 likes this
- mixiekins posted this